Tumgik
t4-phage · 3 years
Photo
Tumblr media
Finally getting back into the swing of this #Art #DND #Faun #Tiefling #Elf https://www.instagram.com/p/CVau3S7rbIb/?utm_medium=tumblr
17 notes · View notes
t4-phage · 3 years
Photo
Tumblr media
2K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future; live the actual moment. Only this moment is life."
Thich Nhat Hanh
2K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Photo
Tumblr media Tumblr media Tumblr media Tumblr media
Continuing my series about the recent wildfires that turned our sky red. I noticed in my past posts a lot of people think this is caused by stupid gender reveal parties. Gender reveal caused 1 fire, but the other 650 fires were caused by an unprecedented dry thunderstorm.
I’ve lived in CA for over 20 years and I’ve never seen thunderstorms in August during drought season. Unlike other parts of the world, the normal climate in CA doesn’t get storms until winter. This storm is the remains of Tropical Storm Fausto which caused over 11,000 lightning strikes resulting in over 2 million acres burned, turning our sky red like the apocalypse.  
This is what climate change looks like. Not some stupid gender reveal caused by the mistakes of a few, but the collective consequences of us all failing to protect the only home we have. The least we can do is accept reality instead of living in denial. No matter how bad it is now, it will get even worse if we continue to do nothing. 
Vote and let our governments know that our future and our children’s future is worth protecting.
12K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
Tumblr media
by Stephan McGowan
10K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Photo
No it isn't, you need biodiversity you silly goose. That said, I agree that we radically underuse farm land because of the crops we grow. Eating less (or no) meat is far more sustainable
Tumblr media
54K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
Run away to the forest with me, listen to the sound of our barefeet on the leaves, we'll be away from it soon
2K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
So I work at a library and about a month ago I helped a little old woman who is legally blind figure out how to listen to our audiobooks on her tablet. We got to chatting and I mentioned that I always listen to audiobooks while I knit, which made her very excited and she told me all about the afghans she used to make when she could still see. She was so sweet and I was so glad to be able to help her figure out a way to still enjoy books without being able to read.
Yesterday I answered the phone at work and when I said my name the woman on the other line got so excited and said “Madeline?? You’re exactly who I wanted to talk to! This is Marie Brandon, you helped me about a month ago. How late are you working today?” It was her!! And about an hour later she and her husband showed up, and she was carrying a huge stack of old knitting patterns for me, and her husband brought in a few boxes full of yarn. They couldn’t stay long but I was so touched that she remembered me, and I struggled to not just flat out start crying when she handed me the patterns. When I looked through them later I realized it was her entire personal collection from over the years, including all her personal notes and drawings and even some photographs of her finished pieces. No one in my family knits, and to have someone pass on their legacy to me like that was incredibly moving.
This isn’t what I usually post here, but with life being especially dark lately I wanted to share a moment of happiness and a reminder that a bit of kindness goes a long way ♡
121K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
Instead of endless wastelands of mowed grass lawns, consider:
Tumblr media Tumblr media Tumblr media Tumblr media Tumblr media Tumblr media Tumblr media
181K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
Im convinced that making art, baking, listening to music/singing and dancing around your house are very naturally nourishing activities for your soul as well as human nature.
89K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
treat bugs with kindness you heathens
409 notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
You're right about the nature/nouns names, source: my name lol (Wren)
I came out to my mom as non-binary, and she was asking me about whether or not I wanted to change my name, and I was telling her about how a common joke for non-binary people is that we name ourselves nouns and trees
But here’s the thing
I forgot to account for the fact that my mom is a huge nature nerd
So I came home from school this afternoon to my mom with a list of different trees and bird names that she thinks I should name myself
Here are some highlights:
Devil’s walking stick
Titmouse
Cardinal (I’m not apposed to this one)
Jay
Peregrine
Pawpaw
Pileated woodpecker
Birch
Maple
Cypress (legit considering this one)
Dogwood
She legitimately thinks these are good names and she also came to the realization that a) she should’ve given all her kids gender-neutral names. She wishes she’d given in to her inner hippie and named us things like blue, moon, river, ocean, and sky.
and B) she wants to now give all of her kids tree/bird nicknames. She followed my sister around for an hour asking if she wanted to be named oak or spruce.
I love her and I’m so glad she’s so supportive, but this is not what I thought the reception to me coming out was going to be
57K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Photo
Tumblr media
jake↟
3K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
Love seeing little pawprints. So fucking magical. There was a little guy here.
220K notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
Oooh aaaah
0 notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
I have some of these net bags. If I remember, they were maybe $2 or $3 a piece?
Tumblr media
This is worth $5 at best I hate rich people
21 notes · View notes
t4-phage · 4 years
Text
Tumblr media
Truth.
11K notes · View notes